Web Development Intern
Department: Digital & Technical Innovation
Division: Finance & Administration
Location: Brooklyn, NY
StoryCorps’ Digital & Technical Innovation department is a lean and dedicated team of professionals who work very closely with all departments in our organization to build and maintain StoryCorps’ award winning web and app technologies. The Web Development student intern will assist in updating and editing content for StoryCorps.org and other sites, creating and editing web page templates, and assisting in other web-related projects as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Design, recommend and pitch improvements to new and existing features.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues on web-based systems.
- Update and edit website content, posts and pages.
- Provide technical support related to web-based systems to internal teams.
- Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies.
- Create prototypes and experiment with new technologies and features as assigned.
Value of the Internship
The Web Development internship offers practical work experience and an introduction to creating and improving web-based systems. This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real world projects, and regular interaction with staff. It’s a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the web and/or app development field with an award-winning innovation team.