Recording & Archive Intern
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Status: Student Intern
The StoryCorps Recording & Archive Department maintains the in-house archive of materials, coordinates transfers of materials to the Library of Congress, and manages the upkeep of recording venues and equipment. The Recording & Archive team is looking for two interns to assist with the administrative tasks associated with managing its archive, database, and audio recording equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Support data maintenance and metadata cleanup within our archival database
- Prepare interview paperwork for digitization and long-term storage
- Compose blog posts featuring full-length interviews for publication on our website
- Manage with internal research requests from Production
- Transfer material to radio station partners for local broadcast
- Share collection subsets with universities, libraries, and repositories nationwide
- Perform equipment inspections, research, and testing
- Special projects based on the department’s needs and intern’s interests
- Additional organizational and administrative projects depending on departmental needs and intern interests
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers and basic level of proficiency in working with new technical equipment is required; Mac OSX experience is preferred
- Experience or interest working with recording equipment and familiarity with basic digital photography equipment is helpful
Goals of the Internship
This internship provides an opportunity to gain experience with the administrative tasks necessary to support archival processes and recording operations in a non-profit setting.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.