The StoryCorps MobileBooth will be in Austin, TX, January 5 to January 30, 2015. Make a reservation today!
About The StoryCorps Mobile Tour
In May 2005, StoryCorps converted an Airstream trailer into a traveling recording studio—our MobileBooth—and launched its first cross-country tour. The MobileBooth visits a city or town for four to six weeks at a time and partners with public radio stations to record the stories of everyday people across the United States. The MobileBooth is wheelchair accessible.
Visit the StoryCorps MobileBooth
Upcoming Tour Dates & Stops
Dallas, TX ● November 20 to December 20, 2014
Reservations Open: November 6, 2014 & November 21, 2014
Radio Partner: KERA Public Media for North TexasMore Info
Parking for participants will be available on the north end of Jack Evans Street, below the Winspear Opera House, in the Lexus Red parking lot. Parking vouchers will be provided by StoryCorps staff.
Austin, TX ● January 5 to January 30, 2015
Reservations Open: December 22, 2014 & January 7, 2015
Radio Partner: KUT 90.5 FMMore Info
Parking for participants will be available at the museum via the West 18th Street entrance. Please inform the parking attendant that you participated with StoryCorps upon exiting.
Jackson, MS ● February 5 to March 6, 2015
Reservations Open: January 22, 2015 & February 6, 2015
Radio Partner: Mississippi Public Broadcasting
New Orleans, LA ● March 12 to April 8, 2015
Radio Partner: WWNO, NOLA Public Radio
Omaha, NE ● April 16 to May 15, 2015
Radio Partner: KIOS Omaha Public Radio
Colorado Springs, CO ● May 21 to June 19, 2015
Radio Partner: KRCC
Vernal, UT ● July 2 to July 29, 2015
Radio Partner: Utah Public Radio
Seattle, WA ● August 6 to September 4, 2015
Radio Partner: KUOW
Sacramento, CA ● September 10 to October 9, 2015
Radio Partner: Capital Public Radio
Los Angeles, CA ● October 15 to November 13, 2015
Radio Partner: KPCC
Tucson, AZ ● November 19 to December 19, 2015
Radio Partner: Arizona Public Media
- African American Heritage Association - Tampa, FL
- Black Hills Center for Equality - Rapid City, SD
- Arab American National Museum - Detroit, MI
- Phillipine American Lions Club of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
- The Center for Native Health and Culture at Heritage University - Yakima, WA
- Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project - Oxnard, CA
- Avery Research Center @ College of Charleston - Charleston, SC
- Buder Center for American Indian Studies - St. Louis, MO
- CHCI (Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute) - National
- SAGE (Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders) - National
What to Expect
For great tips on how to prepare for your recording go to our What to Expect page.
We also have a list of Great Questions you can use in your interview.