Help StoryCorps Create a Culture of Listening Today
Participate in our Listening Challenge!
Help StoryCorps build a more empathetic and understanding world, give today!
Support StoryCorps by making a fully tax deductible gift today!
Become a Corps member by giving a gift to StoryCorps today!
Become a Member
Help StoryCorps create a culture of listening, make a gift today!
- How do you identify yourself? How, if at all, has how you identify yourself changed over time?
- If you believe that the lives of LGBTQ-identified people are different today than they were when your parents were growing up, can you tell a story that illustrates this?
- Can you remember when you first came out and/or felt that you might be an LGBTQ-identified person? What was that like for you?
- Can you tell a story about coming out to your family, at work, at school, or elsewhere?
- When you were a child/adolescent, did you ever think that things would be different when you grew up? How so?
- What did you think your life would be like when you were older?
- Who have been the most influential people in your life? Why and how?
- Was your family subjected to discrimination or prejudice based on your identity? Can you tell me what that was like?
- Do you have any stories about how you were discriminated against? How did you react?
- How have you responded to prejudice in your life?
- How have you been involved in the Gay Rights Movement? How, if at all, has this Movement affected you personally?
- Do you have any stories that illustrate any barriers or challenges that LGBTQ-identified people currently face?
- Do you have any stories about how things have changed for the better? Or any stories that show how things have not changed?
- Do you have stories about this city or town and/or about where you live that people should hear about?
- Will you tell a story about your first love?
- Do you have a story about the place of religion and/or spirituality in your life?
- Did you/do you serve in the military? What was that like?
- Are there any organizations or institutions that your family or you belonged to that you would like to talk about?
- What advice do you have for me?
- What advice do you have for the next generation?