StoryCorps OutLoud is an effort to document and share stories from LGBTQ+ people across the country. This June for Pride Month, engage your audience by airing stories from the OutLoud collection and inviting listeners to record their own OutLoud conversation honoring someone from the LGBTQ+ community.
Participants can record with someone in the same room using the free StoryCorps App or with someone in a different location using our remote recording platform, StoryCorps Connect.
Station support materials are available below, including promos, graphics, content and recording resources.
WAYS TO ENGAGE YOUR LISTENERS:
- Run promos that explain how to participate in OutLoud
- Include copy about the project in your station’s newsletters and on your website
- Air stories from StoryCorps’ OutLoud collection and share them across your station’s social channels
- Encourage your station’s on-air talent to post about the project
- Has StoryCorps ever paid a visit to your city? Resurface the StoryCorps OutLoud recordings from our partnership
- Are you a dual license station? Air animations from StoryCorps OutLoud collection
- Connect with LGBTQ organizations in your city to encourage their communities to record
- To track the stories gathered through the OutLoud program, use the hashtag #StoryCorpsOutLoud.
Stations Support Materials
Please reach out to [email protected] if you don’t have access to PRX or would like additional OutLoud story suggestions
- OutLoud playlist of stories
- StoryCorps Animated Shorts are available to all public television stations for broadcast More information and files here.
- StoryCorps’ OutLoud website
- StoryCorps App website: for people recording in the same room
- StoryCorps Connect website: for people recording in the same room or across the country
Sign up here for email updates on station materials and other station-related news and resources from StoryCorps. For idea, comments or questions about StoryCorps OutLoud for stations or any other station-related questions please contact:
THIS PAGE CONTAINS CONTENT AND RESOURCES FOR SHARING ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITES. UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THESE MATERIALS IS PROHIBITED.