Mobile Tour Stop: Ozarks, MO
StoryCorps is partnering with KSMU: Ozarks Public Radio to record, preserve, and share the stories of the Ozarks!
April 21 – May 18, 2022
StoryCorps is thrilled to announce that the Mobile Tour will be visiting the Ozarks! For the first time ever, participants will have the option to record in-person or remotely in our “virtual recording booth.” Both options will be guided by one of our trained staff members.
Information on recording in-person:
- Recordings will take place at The Library Center.
- Both participants must be physically present for the recording.
- Due to safety considerations, participants must wear masks for the entirety of their appointment.
- Participants must maintain social distancing from StoryCorps staff during the entirety of their recording. Participants can also opt to maintain social distancing from their conversation partner but will not be required to do so.
Click here for more information on what StoryCorps is doing to keep you and our staff safe.
Information on recording virtually:
- Recordings can take place anywhere, as long as participants have access to an internet connected device.
- Participants can be in the same location while recording or in different locations.
- A tech check, which will test the ability of your device to connect to the virtual recording booth, will be required prior to your recording appointment.
Before making your reservation, check in with your conversation partner to figure out which option works best for the two of you. Please have their contact information ready when you book. If either of you are not fully vaccinated, we request that you select the virtual recording option.
Reservations to record in Springfield for all dates are now open! Please click one of the buttons blow to select a spot.
Reservations to record in West Plains between May 6 and May 8 are also open! Please click here to select a spot in West Plains. Please note, all West Plains recordings will be in-person. Details on the recording location will be shared during the confirmation call. If you prefer to record virtually, please click the red virtual recording button below.
Due to high demand and a limited number of appointments, we ask you to please limit bookings to one reservation per person/household. If all spots are booked, please add yourself to our waitlist.
What to Expect
StoryCorps’ Mobile team will contact everyone who will be participating to go over the details of the recording process and answer any questions. If you are recording virtually, we will also do a tech check with you a few days prior to your appointment. Please be on the lookout for a phone call from us with the area code (646).
You will not be allowed to participate without confirming by phone.
Become a Community Partner
Our goal is to make the StoryCorps recording experience accessible to all. One way we do that is by partnering with local organizations that serve diverse populations. StoryCorps interviews celebrate the voices and milestones in your community and encourage meaningful interactions between your organization and the people you serve. Community partnerships are free of charge, and conversations can be recorded in any language.
Questions about Partnership or Participation?
Mobile Tour Outreach
Major Support for the Mobile Tour
The StoryCorps Mobile Tour is made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
In partnership with the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.