Mobile Stop: Taos, NM
StoryCorps is partnering with KUNM and the Harwood Museum of Art to record, preserve, and share the stories of Taos!
March 16– March 29, 2023
StoryCorps is thrilled to announce that the Mobile Tour is making a special trip to Taos, NM! For the first time ever, Mobile Tour participants will have the option to record with us in-person or remotely in our “virtual recording booth.” Both options will be guided by one of our trained staff members.
Information on recording in-person:
- Recordings will take place at the Taos Public Library.
- Both participants must be physically present for the recording.
- Depending on COVID-19 transmission levels in the community, participants might be asked to wear a mask during their recording. Our team will give more information and updates on this policy during the confirmation process.
- Participants must maintain social distancing from StoryCorps staff during the entirety of their recording. Participants can also opt to maintain social distancing from their conversation partner but will not be required to do so.
Click here for more information on what StoryCorps is doing to keep you and our staff safe.
Information on recording virtually:
- Recordings can take place anywhere, as long as one participant lives in the region and both have access to an internet connected device.
- Participants can be in the same location while recording or in different locations.
- A tech check, which will test the ability of your device to connect to the virtual recording booth, will be required prior to your recording appointment.
Before making your reservation, check in with your conversation partner to figure out which option works best for the two of you. Please have their contact information ready when you book. If either of you are not fully vaccinated, we request that you select the virtual recording option.
All reservation spots for Taos are open now!
Due to high demand and a limited number of appointments, we ask you to please limit bookings to one reservation per person/household. If all spots are booked, please add yourself to our waitlist. You can also book an appointment while we are in Albuquerque. Click here to learn more!
If all spots are booked, please click here to add yourself to our waitlist.
What to Expect
StoryCorps’ Mobile team will contact everyone who will be participating to go over the details of the recording process and answer any questions. If you are recording virtually, we will also do a tech check with you a few days prior to your appointment. Please be on the lookout for a phone call from us with the area code (646).
You will not be allowed to participate without confirming by phone.
Become a Community Partner
Our goal is to make the StoryCorps recording experience accessible to all. One way we do that is by partnering with local organizations that serve diverse populations. StoryCorps interviews celebrate the voices and milestones in your community and encourage meaningful interactions between your organization and the people you serve. Community partnerships are free of charge, and conversations can be recorded in any language.
Questions about Partnership or Participation?
Mobile Tour Outreach
Major Support for the Mobile Tour
The StoryCorps Mobile Tour is made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
In partnership with the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.