Military Voices Initiative: Deported Veterans Project
StoryCorps is partnering with the Deported Veterans Project in Tijuana, Mexico to preserve the stories of veterans and their families virtually. Sign up for a conversation between August 11 and 13, 2020.
This experience will take place online. Before making an appointment, please ensure you have:
- A strong internet connection
- A computer with a camera and microphone set-up (can be built-in)
- The platform we’re using will work with most smartphones, but if you have access to a computer, we strongly recommend using that instead.
- The contact information for your conversation partner
- If you do not have a partner, please note that in your reservation and we will do our best to provide one for you.
What to Expect
StoryCorps’ Military Voices team will contact everyone who will be participating by phone to go over the details of the virtual recording process and answer any technical questions. Please be on the lookout for communications from us. In order to participate, you are required to first confirm by phone and complete the tech check.
The Military Voices Initiative is made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a private corporation funded by the American people.
In partnership with the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.