Matching gifts are a great way to double the impact of your already generous donation.
You can complete the entire matching gift process in less than five minutes.
While the online submission process can vary by company, it typically involves the following steps:
- Employees log into the company’s matching gift submission website
- Employees search for the nonprofit they donated to
- Employees select the nonprofit from the search results (if not found, they enter the organization’s information)
- Employees register their donation
- Employees submit the matching gift request
Many companies also let you submit a matching gift request by mail. Contact your employer to obtain the appropriate form and be sure to have them explain the steps this type of submission process requires.
Remember: Different companies have different matching gift deadlines, so make sure you are aware of important dates so you don’t miss out on an opportunity to have your gift matched.
Thanks so much for your generosity.