PART III: Conduct an Interview
Now that students know how to be great interviewers and listeners, use the App, and write thoughtful titles and keywords, they are ready to record!
- Distribute the Recipes for Success on Interview Day handout as a take-home resource for students.
- Assign students to conduct their interview over Thanksgiving weekend. Remind them to make a plan with their recording partner in advance.
- A complete interview requires a title, summary, and keywords.
- Following the interview, students should add keywords, an updated title, and an extended summary to their interview on the app or by logging into their StoryCorps Archive account from a computer, classroom tablet, or other device.
- Students should discuss privacy preferences with their recording partner for their interview before uploading it to the StoryCorps Archive.
- Students should familiarize themselves with the three settings available to them and their partner, which can be found on the Recipes for Success on Interview Day handout as a take-home resource for students.
- Students who publish their interviews should email you the link to the interview.
- Students who do not publish their interview should still turn in a proposed title, summary, and keywords for their interview, as well as the length of time of their interview.