Job Title: MobileBooth Intern
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Status: Intern, 20 Hours/Wk
Session Dates: Ends Friday, May 26, 2017
StoryCorps launched two MobileBooths from the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. in May 2005. Since then, we have stopped in over 100 cities and towns across the country, visiting communities large and small, stopping in a maximum-security prison, an Army Base, and Native American reservations. We partner with local public radio stations in each location, and it is our goal to bring the MobileBooths to communities far and wide to capture the widest variety of the American experience. The MobileBooth Intern is an integral part of the MobileBooth Department.
**The MobileBooth Intern works out of our Fort Greene, Brooklyn headquarters.**
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects will include, but will not be limited to:
- Correspond with StoryCorps participants on the Mobile Tour
- Support departmental outreach goals to bring in a diverse pool of participants to the MobileBooths
- Perform background research into the history and culture of locations on the MobileBooth tours
- Data entry and data tracking
- General administrative tasks and problem solving as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Pleasant and professional phone persona
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to function proactively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Experience and/or interest working with diverse populations
- Interest in local histories and cultures/communities throughout the United States
- Spanish language proficiency (preferred but not required)
Value of the Internship
The MobileBooth internship provides experience in outreach, public relations, and customer service. The MobileBooth Intern will gain knowledge of the planning, coordination, and execution of a large-scale oral history project, and will become familiar with the operations of a mid-size nonprofit organization.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
1) Fill out the StoryCorps Internship Application.
2) Reply to the Application Confirmation Email with your cover letter and resume entitled “YourNameLetter,” “YourNameResume” (e.g. JaneSmithLetter).
3) If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please.