Manager, Marketing Campaign
Manager, Marketing Campaign
Job Title: Manager, Marketing Campaign
Department: External Communications
Division: Marketing & Communications
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports To: Director, Marketing & Communications
Status: Part-Time (32 hours per week), Temporary, Non-Exempt
The Manager, Marketing Campaign will be part of the 2016 Great Thanksgiving Listen (TGTL) team reporting directly to the head of the Marketing & Communications (M&C) Department. StoryCorps’ Marketing & Communications department is a fast-paced, creative, and highly collaborative team that creates marketing collateral and promotes StoryCorps’ content, programs, products, and services to print, broadcast, and online media outlets.
The Manager, Marketing Campaign will play an active role in the development of marketing strategy and assets for The Great Thanksgiving Listen with responsibility for executing and implementing across all parts of a multi-channel campaign.
This is an excellent opportunity to get deeply involved in a high-profile national education project.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices—from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos.
This is a Part-Time (32 hours per week), temporary position, ending December 22, 2016.
Here’s what you’ll do as a part of our team:
The Manager, Marketing Campaign will:
- Develop and manage digital toolkit with multimedia content, copy, and promotional assets for The Great Thanksgiving Listen partners – including public media partners, school districts, teachers, education organizations, and funders – to provide them with the messaging and tools to help amplify the campaign
- Respond to partner inquiries and requests for materials
- Work with graphic designer to create The Great Thanksgiving Listen digital and print collateral that communicates specific messages and is targeted to segmented audiences, including Powerpoint presentations, brochures, advertisements, and multimedia materials
- Write scripts for on-air promos and videos
- Work with Associate, Online Content to shoot original videos for the web
- Manage occasional updates to website using WordPress
- Developing and stage email marketing campaign, including drafting original copy, compiling images, and crafting email
- Craft copy and schedule social media
- Use Facebook Business Manager to manage and monitor advertising campaigns to drive engagement with StoryCorps, participation in The Great Thanksgiving Listen; and active downloads and use of the StoryCorps’ app
- Support Director, Marketing & Communications and publicist in fulfillment of media requests
- Create and maintain monthly and weekly reports on performance metrics associated with The Great Thanksgiving Listen campaign
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field
- At least 3 years of digital communication experience, ideally in a media or mission-driven setting, and covering areas such as website management and communications
- Basic knowledge of HTML; strong experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Fluency in email management platforms
- Ability to effectively use graphic design software, e.g. Photoshop
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for social media and building community online
- Fluency in speaking the language of graphic design
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to work in a busy and dynamic environment
- Be highly organized, team oriented, and able to function in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work responsively and under tight deadlines
- A familiarity with the 2015 Great Thanksgiving Listen (TGTL) and ideas for making the 2016 Great Thanksgiving Listen (TGTL) even better
- Relevant professional experience or equivalent in education organization or other mission-driven media
- Spanish language fluency (orally and in writing)
If you want to help us change the world, apply today!
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Manager, Marketing Campaign.” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.