Manager, Corporate Partnerships
StoryCorps’ Corporate Partnerships Department is responsible for significantly growing corporate revenue through sponsorship, grants, earned income services, matching gifts, and in-kind donations, to support StoryCorps’ core programs.
The Manager plays an important role in StoryCorps’ efforts to build and maintain income from the corporate sector. This person will work to develop and maintain relationships with external corporate partners, and collaborate with internal teams to ensure the successful execution of sponsorship and custom services deliverables.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships is encouraged to develop an understanding of the entire organization and foster effective teamwork and communication with all staff members particularly in the Custom Services, Marketing & Communications, and Programs divisions. The Manager reports directly to the Director, Corporate Partnerships and is an integral part of the two-person team, and works closely with the Custom Services department.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices — from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos. We also seek to recruit and develop a staff whose diversity matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color and the LGBTQ community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director of Corporate Partnerships to track and meet annual corporate revenue goals
- Write and edit proposals, reports, and other correspondence, as assigned
- Conduct prospect research as assigned and identify new potential sponsors for StoryCorps and its various initiatives
- Communicate and build relationships with corporate clients to manage sponsorship deliverables and/or the delivery earned income services, such as onsite recording events and produced content
- Collaborate with various StoryCorps department staff as needed to ensure timely execution of client deliverables
- Work with the Marketing & Communications department to help improve and expand the team’s digital and in-person marketing efforts
- Help to ensure satisfaction of external clients, promptly resolve any issues, and maintain relationships with past clients
- Respond to web and phone inquiries from corporations, as needed
- Input and track data in the department’s customer relationship management database (Salesforce)
- Perform other duties to support the Corporate Partnerships department, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 4 years minimum experience in nonprofit development, sales and marketing, corporate social responsibility, project management, or similarly related field
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications and video conferencing software.
- Strong customer service skills, experience in a public facing job is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-direct in completing work
- Solid organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency on a Mac platform and with relationship management database software
- Fluency in a language other than English (Spanish preferred)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Manager, Corporate Partnerships” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.