Custom Services Intern
The primary focus of the Custom Services department is setting up interview recording days with organizations that sponsor StoryCorps events for their communities. Custom Services makes StoryCorps programs available to communities outside of our grant-funded work, which helps StoryCorps record more stories across the country and become a more financially sustainable organization. The Intern will support all aspects of this work, which combines direct outreach, marketing, communications, and event planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to web and phone inquiries from interested organizations, and manage on-going communications as needed.
- Research new potential partner organizations and initiate first contacts.
- Provide planning support for interview recording days and other events.
- Manage and conduct follow-up conversations with previous partner organizations, analyze feedback and provide continued support for their StoryCorps projects.
- Maintain partnership and workflow details in database.
- Contribute to the upkeep and improvement of the department’s marketing and communication tools, including brochures and website pages.
- Strong communication skills; particularly strong writing ability
- Superb attention to detail and organizational ability
- Strong Internet research skills
- Basic proficiency with computers is required; experience with Excel and database software is helpful, as is Mac OSX experience
- Interest in Nonprofit Management, Development/Fundraising, or Marketing.
Value of the Internship
The internship involves engagement with almost every department at StoryCorps and provides a hands-on, comprehensive overview of the organization. More broadly, the position offers an overview of nonprofit financial sustainability, an ever-growing necessity for success in the nonprofit world. The diverse range of responsibilities give an opportunity to gain communication, marketing, and project management experience.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.