Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Job Title: Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Division: Finance & Administration
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports To: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Status: Full Time, Regular
Founded in 2003 by MacArthur Fellow Dave Isay, StoryCorps has given more than 400,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these interviews through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and bestselling books. We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, to strengthen and build the connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters.
StoryCorps’ Corporate Partnerships Department is responsible for significantly growing corporate revenue through sponsorship, grants, earned income services, matching gifts, and in-kind donations, to support StoryCorps’ core programs.
The Associate Manager plays an important role in StoryCorps’ efforts to build and maintain income from the corporate sector. Duties include:
- Refine and manage prospect pipeline and tracking systems
- Draft proposals, reports, and other correspondence as necessary
- Performs research, cultivation, and stewardship of current and prospective corporate partners
- Work with external clients and a variety of internal teams to ensure the successful execution of sponsorship deliverables and earned income services
- Collaborate with internal staff to update and maintain corporate marketing materials
The Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships is encouraged to develop an understanding of the entire organization and foster effective teamwork and communication with all staff members particularly in the Custom Services, Marketing & Communications, and Programs divisions. The Associate Manager reports directly to the Director, Corporate Partnerships and is an integral part of the two-person team.
StoryCorps records, shares, and preserves stories from a diverse range of American voices — from our Griot Initiative to preserve stories of African Americans, to our Historias Initiative to collect the experiences of Latinos. We also seek to recruit and develop a staff whose diversity matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color and the LGBTQ community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Director of Corporate Partnerships in setting, tracking, and meeting annual corporate fundraising goals
- Write and edit proposals, reports, and other correspondence, as assigned
- Communicate with corporate clients to manage sponsorship deliverables and earned income services
- Collaborate with various StoryCorps department staff to ensure timely execution of client deliverables
- Support the creation of new digital and print marketing materials
- Help to ensure satisfaction of external clients, promptly resolve any issues, and maintain relationships with past clients
- Coordinate with Legal Affairs and Finance departments to prepare contracts and invoices
- Support the Custom Services department with delivery of earned income services (recording days and content creation) for corporate clients, as needed
- Respond to web and phone inquiries from corporations, as needed
- Maintain the department’s customer relationship management database (Salesforce)
- Perform other duties to support the Corporate Partnerships department, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years relevant work experience
- 2-3 years experience in nonprofit development, corporate social responsibility, project management, sales and marketing, or similarly related field
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications and video conferencing software.
- Strong customer service skills, experience in a public facing job is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-direct in completing work
- Solid organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency on a Mac platform and with relationship management database software
- Fluency in a language other than English (Spanish preferred)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at StoryCorps in the past.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.