Location: Brooklyn, NY
Status: Intern, 20 Hours/Wk
StoryCorps is currently at work on a new season of animated shorts. Since 2010, we’ve produced more than 30 animated shorts. Additionally, we produced our first 30-minute animated special, Listening Is an Act of Love, which aired nationally on the PBS documentary series, POV. Our animations have been nominated for multiple Emmy Awards and have received both a duPont-Columbia Award and Peabody Award. In January, our short The Saint of Dry Creek was selected for the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. To aid in our continued success, we need the help of a detail-orientated and organized worker, who is excited to gain experience in the animation field.
The internship will entail the duties and responsibilities listed in the description below, as well as the exciting opportunity to work with experienced production staff and our founder Dave Isay, a Peabody Award-winning documentarian and MacArthur“Genius”fellow.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Maintain production schedule and tracking documents
- Participate in review and feedback process for key production checkpoints
- Attend animation production meetings and assist with note-taking
- Assist in tracking and delivering physical and digital animation assets
- Other administrative and research tasks as assigned
- May also be asked to provide general assistance with production process work
- Experience in and a commitment to animation and/or documentary filmmaking
- Experience and interests in line with StoryCorps’ mission to provide Americans of
- all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Value of the Internship
At the completion of this internship, the Animation Intern should have experience in the process of animation production and the operation of a non-profit organization.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for all Summer/Fall 2016 internships has passed. Please check back in mid-September 2016 for Winter/Spring 2017 Intern Recruitment.