Administration Student Intern
Department: Marketing & Communications
Division: Finance & Administration
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Status: Intern, 20 Hours/Wk
Session Dates: Monday, January 8, 2018 – Friday, May 25, 2018
External Relations is looking for an intern who is interested in surveying External Relations. The intern will have the opportunity to learn and understand all level of external affairs, from communications, marketing, government and fundraising. This includes both internal and external facing works.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in the internal functions of the External Relations department including but not limited to:
- Events: support Manager in planning of cultivation events with funders or individual donors
- Marketing: work with M&C director in the coordination of marketing materials; support development of editorial calendar for social media and other channels
- Institutional Giving: prospecting donors and filing
- Database: Assist in database clean-up
- Individual Giving: Assist in assembling donor communications
- Government: assist in research and correspondence with elected and government officials
- We are looking for someone interested in public relations, marketing and fundraising.
- A journalism or political science/sociology/liberal arts major is a benefit.
- An individual who is intellectually curious and wants a better understanding of organizational communications.
Value of the Internship
At the completion of this internship, the intern can expect to gain experience in marketing, public relations, development and database management.
- How marketing materials are developed, from idea to production
- How nonprofit use social media to forward their mission
- How potential donors are prospected, cultivated and asked
- How database management can make all efforts manageable and increase productivity
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
1) Fill out the StoryCorps Internship Application.
2) Reply to the Application Confirmation Email with your cover letter and resume entitled “YourNameLetter,” “YourNameResume” (e.g. JaneSmithLetter).
3) If you have any questions please email email@example.com. No calls please.