StoryCorps is partnering with the Contemporary Jewish Museum to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in San Francisco.
- Location & Hours
- Public Transportation & Parking
- Wait List
- Cancellation Policy
Location & Hours
Thursdays: 1:00 – 7:00 PM*
Sundays: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
*Schedule times and dates may vary and are subject to change, including some major holidays.
Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street | between 3rd & 4th streets
*The StoryBooth is located in the Sala Webb Education Center.
Reservations open on the 1st Monday of each month at 10 AM local time. We expect a high volume of calls and reservations online. To assure you have an opportunity to make a reservation, we encourage you to call 800-850-4406 or make a reservation online as soon as they become available.
Go to our reservation system by clicking on the “Reserve now” button above.
- Log in to our reservation system. First-time visitors can create a free account. We will ask for your email address, which is used only to send a reminder when you make a reservation. We will also ask for a credit card number to reserve your appointment. We will not charge your card unless you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice. Cancellation policy is explained in detail below. To make an appointment without an email address and credit card, please call 800-850-4406.
- Find a day and time that works for you and your interview partner. Please remember, all participants must be 10 years or older. If there are no times available, please keep checking back in case of cancellations. You will only have to register the first time, so to check back you simply sign in and look for open reservations.
- Pledge a donation. StoryCorps is a free public service, but we do ask for donations to help cover our costs and keep StoryCorps accessible to all. We suggest $25, but you can contribute as much or as little as you wish. Donations are processed at the StoryBooth after your interview.
- Come to the StoryBooth and have the conversation of a lifetime!
Public Transportation & Parking
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum is accessible via BART and MUNI Metro lines, J, K, L, M, N, and T, which stop at the Powell and Montgomery Street stations on Market Street.
- MUNI Bus Lines 5, 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 31, 38, and 71 stop on Market Street between Fifth Street and New Montgomery. The 14 and 14L stop on Mission Street at Third Street.
- Golden Gate Transit lines 70, 73, and 80 stop at Mission and Third streets.
- SamTrans Buses depart from Transbay Terminal at First and Mission streets.
- The Jessie Square Garage is located beneath the Contemporary Jewish Museum, at 223 Stevenson (off of Third Street), and is handicapped accessible.
- Fifth & Mission Yerba Buena Garage 833 Mission Street (between Fourth & Fifth streets)
If there are no appointments available, we suggest adding your name to the Wait List. The Wait List is available to everyone on a first come, first serve basis by calling 800-850-4406. You may add your name to the wait list for the duration of the current reservation openings (that is, if reservations are currently open through December, you may add your name to the Wait List through December).
We will contact you by phone if an appointment becomes available. If you are not able to take the appointment, you can still remain on the Wait List. We will go down the Wait List until we reach someone who can take the open reservation.
StoryCorps is a public service intended to serve as many people as possible. We strive to make this happen daily. We understand cancellations are necessary sometimes. We ask that you cancel your appointment in a timely way in order to ensure StoryCorps can continue to operate in so many cities and offer these highly coveted times to someone on our waiting list. We appreciate your commitment to StoryCorps by reading and following these policies.
Cancellation and Credit Card Policy At the time you register for an appointment, you will be asked for your credit card information. If you cancel your appointment within 48 hours, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. This credit card will not be used to process any donations after your interview. If you do not have a credit card, you can still sign-up for an interview by calling 800-850-4406.
The Museum and the StoryBooth are fully accessible. Wheelchairs (as available) may be borrowed. Please visit the Admission Desk.
Special support for StoryCorps in San Francisco
The Contemporary Jewish Museum’s presentation of StoryCorps is generously supported by the Gruber Family Foundation and Kenneth and Anna Zankel.