Location and Hours
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Thursday: 12:30PM – 7:00PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
* Schedule times and dates may vary and are subject to change. This includes major holidays.
Public Transport & Parking
The Chicago Cultural Center is easily accessible by both Chicago Transit Authority buses and trains and Metra’s commuter rail lines.
By train: Brown, Purple, Orange, Green, Pink line stop is Randolph & Wabash. Blue and Red line stop is Washington, walk 2 blocks east.
By bus: # 3, 4, 6, 124, 147,151, or 157 or J14, Michigan/Washington or Michigan/Randolph.
By Metra: Metra Electric District and South Shore Line stop at Millennium Station (Michigan Ave. between South Water & Randolph St).
For more detailed information, you can go to www.transitchicago.com or call the Travel Information Center at 1-888-YOUR-CTA or 1-888-CTA-TTY1 (TTY).
Parking is not available at the Chicago Cultural Center.
You can park in Millennium Park Garage, Grant Park North, Grant Park South and East Monroe Garages for convenient access to the Cultural Center. These garages do charge a parking fee.
For more information or directions for any of these parking garages, visit www.millenniumgarages.com or call 312.616.0600.
The wheelchair accessible entrance of the Chicago Cultural Center is located at street level at Garland Court, near the Randolph Street entrance.
Wheelchairs for use in the Chicago Cultural Center are available upon request on a first come, first served basis. Upon arrival, please ask the security officer on duty in the lobby for assistance.
Reservations open on the 1st Monday of each month at 10 AM local time. We expect a high volume of calls and reservations online. To assure you have an opportunity to make a reservation, we encourage you to call 800-850-4406 or make a reservation online as soon as they become available.
Go to our reservation system by clicking on the âReserve nowâ button above.
- Log in to our reservation system. First-time visitors can create a free account. We will ask for your email address, which is used only to send a reminder when you make a reservation. We will also ask for a credit card number to reserve your appointment. We will not charge your card unless you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice. Cancellation policy is explained in detail below. To make an appointment without an email address and credit card, please call 800-850-4406.
- Find a day and time that works for you and your interview partner. Please remember, all participants must be 10 years or older. If there are no times available, please keep checking back in case of cancellations. You will only have to register the first time, so to check back you simply sign in and look for open reservations.
- Pledge a donation. StoryCorps is a free public service, but we do ask for donations to help cover our costs and keep StoryCorps accessible to all. We suggest $25, but you can contribute as much or as little as you wish. Donations are processed at the StoryBooth after your interview.
- Come to the StoryBooth and have the conversation of a lifetime!
Groups and organizations can partner with StoryCorps in Chicago. Find out how to join our outreach efforts in the communities you serve.
If there are no appointments available, we suggest adding your name to the Wait List. The Wait List is available to everyone on a first come, first serve basis by calling 800-850-4406. You may add your name to the wait list for the duration of the current reservation openings (that is, if reservations are currently open through December, you may add your name to the Wait List through December).
We will contact you by phone if an appointment becomes available. If you are not able to take the appointment, you can still remain on the Wait List. We will go down the Wait List until we reach someone who can take the open reservation.
StoryCorps is a public service intended to serve as many people as possible. We strive to make this happen daily. We understand cancellations are necessary sometimes. We ask that you cancel your appointment in a timely way in order to ensure StoryCorps can continue to operate in so many cities and offer these highly coveted times to someone on our waiting list. We appreciate your commitment to StoryCorps by reading and following these policies.
Cancellation and Credit Card Policy At the time you register for an appointment, you will be asked for your credit card information. If you cancel your appointment within 48 hours, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. This credit card will not be used to process any donations after your interview. If you do not have a credit card, you can still sign-up for an interview by calling 800-850-4406.