San Francisco StoryBooth Intern
StoryCorps San Francisco records stories in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, California. By collecting interviews through community outreach and public appointments, hosting public events and offering additional services, StoryCorps San Francisco brings the StoryCorps experience to as many diverse populations as possible.
The San Francisco StoryBooth Intern will be working out of our San Francisco office (located at 190 9th St., San Francisco) and the San Francisco StoryBooth (located at the San Francisco Public Library Main branch). The intern assists the San Francisco Regional Manager and Facilitators with the day-to-day operation of the program.
The San Francisco StoryBooth intern will become part of a supportive and collaborative work atmosphere. The work schedule will consist of 20 hours weekly from Tuesday to Friday, including a full day on Thursday during Booth recording hours (12pm-8pm).
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
- Research and reaching out to new outreach opportunities in the SF Bay Area
- Assist in maintaining and developing relationships with current and possible partners
- Prepare and participate in presentations and events to expand our community presence
- Assist in planning special events
- Make reminder calls to participants to confirm appointments and answer questions as needed
- Greet participants and help them fill out paperwork during Booth days
- Help process interview materials collected through the StoryBooth, Field Days, and StoryKits
- Participate in editing recorded stories to share with our local broadcast partner, KALW
- Assist in tracking and reporting information including outreach activities, appointment information and general inquiries
- General administrative tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, collaborative team
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Pleasant and professional phone persona
- Ability to be function proactively and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with and conducting outreach to diverse populations
- Familiarity with Macs
- Experience in storytelling, oral history, or social documentation
Goals of the Internship
The San Francisco StoryBooth Intern will gain an understanding of community outreach and organization, and gain experience in activities involved in the planning, coordination, and execution of a large-scale oral history project.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.