Recording & Archive Intern
The StoryCorps Recording & Archive Department maintains the in-house archive of materials, coordinates transfers of materials to the Library of Congress, and manages the upkeep of recording venues and equipment. The Recording & Archive team is looking for interns to assist with the management of its archive, database, and audio recording equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Prepare interview materials for transfer to the Library of Congress
- Assist volunteers during archive processing sessions
- Assist in establishing StoryCorps archive partnerships with organizations around the country
- Conduct follow-up correspondence with participants
- Perform quality control on interview materials
- Assist in solving facilities and recording issues
- Perform regular equipment inspections
- Research and implement repairs and upgrades to equipment and facilities
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Additional organizational projects surrounding the archive.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational ability
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers and basic level of proficiency in working with new technical equipment is required; Mac OSX experience is preferred
- Experience working with audio recording equipment and familiarity with basic digital photography equipment is helpful
- Experience in libraries or archives or with oral history projects is a plus; students pursuing studies in Museum Studies or Library & Information Science are highly encouraged to apply.
Goals of the Internship
This internship provides an opportunity to gain experience with the archive and recording operations of a large-scale oral history project.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.