Atlanta StoryBooth Intern
StoryCorps Atlanta records stories in and around Atlanta, GA. By collecting interviews through community outreach and public appointments, hosting public events and offering additional services, StoryCorps Atlanta brings the StoryCorps experience to as many diverse populations as possible.
The Atlanta StoryBooth Intern is based out of our Atlanta office (Atlanta History Center: 130 W Paces Ferry Road) and assists with the day-to-day operation of these programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and reaching out to new outreach opportunities in Atlanta
- Assist in maintaining and developing relationships with current and possible partners
- Prepare and participate in presentations and events to expand our community presence
- Greet participants and administer exit interviews
- Collect feedback from outreach partners
- Assist in planning special events
- Make reminder calls to participants to confirm appointments and answer questions as needed
- Assist in processing interview material collected through the StoryBooth, field recordings and Community Outreach StoryKits
- Assist in tracking and reporting information including outreach activities, appointment information and general inquiries
- General administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Pleasant and professional phone persona
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience and/or interest working with diverse populations
- Familiarity with Macs
Goals of the Internship
The StoryCorps Atlanta internship provides experience in customer service, public relations, and customer service. The Atlanta StoryBooth Intern will gain an understanding of community outreach and organization, and gain experience in activities involved in the planning, coordination, and execution of a large-scale oral history project.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.