The Administration Department at StoryCorps is responsible for a number of operations-related functions, including office management, vendor relationships, contracts management, various compliance-related activities and organizational policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Office Manager in support of operations tasks such as facility
management and vendor relations
- Conduct research related to organizational operations needs, summarize and present findings, and make recommendations
- Draft an emergency procedures manual and assist in its implementation
- Work collaboratively with all departments to manage meeting space reservations. Track, submit, monitor, and follow up with staff requests
- Respond to field staff requests re: administrative or office needs
- Support the Participant Relations team in fielding calls from the public about general inquiries and reservations.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational ability
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving
- Flexible, able to multi-task and respond to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, verbal as well as written
- Solid Internet research skills
- Able to work independently
- Basic proficiency with computers is required; experience with Excel and database software is helpful, as is Mac OSX experience
- Candidates with education, experience, or interest in Nonprofit Management and Public Administration are strongly encouraged to apply.
Value of the Internship
At the completion of this internship, the Administration Intern should have extensive knowledge of the operations and administration of a mid-size nonprofit organization.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.