The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), in partnership with America’s Promise Alliance and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, launched American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, a public media initiative to help local communities across America keep students on course to graduate from high school.
StoryCorps’ National Teachers Initiative supports the work of the American Graduate Initiative and partnered with ten public media hubs in communities where the dropout crisis is acute. StoryCorps’ National Teachers Initiative recorded the stories of public school teachers in these communities and attended Teacher Town Halls where local educators shared their ideas on key issues and best practices.
American Graduate Community Hub Partners
- Albuquerque, NM ¯ New Mexico PBS (KNME)
- Birmingham, AL ¯ Alabama Public Television (APT)
- Detroit, MI ¯ Detroit Public Television (DPTV)
- Las Vegas, NV ¯ Vegas PBS
- Los Angeles, CA ¯ PBS SoCal (KVCR, KOCE, KLCS)
- Nashville, TN ¯ Nashville Public Television (NPT)
- Norfolk, VA ¯ WHRO
- Oakland, CA – KQED
- St. Louis, MO ¯ Nine Network (KETC)
- Washington, DC ¯ WAMU, WETA, WHUT