Bring StoryCorps to Your Organization
Sponsor a StoryCorps experience for your organization
Our on-site recording services are customizable to suit your goals. Hosting StoryCorps–for a special event or as part of a long-term project–is an opportunity to share and preserve the stories of your organization and the community you serve.
The interview materials provide meaningful content to use in creative ways to further your mission and to archive for generations to come.
Click here to see our past partners!
- Preserve the stories of your community
- Celebrate major anniversaries and events
- Engage individuals who matter to your organization in a new way
- Strengthen bonds with your constituents and stakeholders
- Create unique content for marketing, fundraising, education, training, and recruitment
StoryCorps sends two trained Facilitators with professional equipment to the location of your choice to record six 40-minute interviews per day. We rely on the host organization to provide a quiet room and to schedule participant pairs in advance.
Participants leave with a copy of their interview on a CD and, with their permission, a copy is archived at the Library of Congress and considered for broadcast on NPR’s Morning Edition. The host organization receives a full archive of the audio and photos after the event.
- Planning support
You will receive materials to prepare your participants for their experience and guidance at every step of the planning process.
We will work around your schedule and location needs and customize interview questions for your specific theme or event.
- High-quality original content
Digital copies of the full-length interviews and participant photographs are given to your organization to use, share, and preserve in creative ways.
Nonprofit sliding scale rates: $3,500 – $5,000 per day*
* Contact StoryCorps for a specific price quote for your project.
* A three-day minimum is required in locations outside of Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, or San Francisco.
Events should be confirmed at least 2 months in advance.
- Professionally edited interviews
Interviews from your recording days can be edited into 3-5 minute polished segments in the same signature style as our weekly broadcast on NPR’s Morning Edition.
- Use of the StoryCorps MobileBooth
The StoryCorps MobileBooth is an Airstream trailer outfitted with a soundproof recording studio, which can be rented for private use. The iconic MobileBooth is an eye-catching attraction that can be branded with your organization’s logo.
$2,000 per edited segment
3 recording days starting at $35,000