The Marketing & Communications Department seeks a Social Media & Press Intern to join our award-winning nonprofit whose mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Millions listen to our weekly broadcast on our Listen page, on NPR’s Morning Edition, or on our free podcast. Our two books, Listening Is an Act of Love and Mom: A Celebration of Mothers from StoryCorps are New York Times bestsellers, and TIME calls our original animated shorts series “Must-see, can’t-miss, your-life-depends-on-it-TV!”
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Support Communications Coordinator with media outreach.
- Research potential blogs, online listings, and local press outlets to promote the weekly story, special events, and the National Day of Listening.
- Maintain our presence on social networking sites, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Maintain and update press database, press lists, and news clippings.
- Create press hit reports.
- Provide support in strategic meetings and National Day of Listening planning.
- General administrative tasks as needed.
We are looking for an intern who is organized, detail-oriented, and interested in gaining experience in communications and public relations. Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team are vital. Communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience with Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of basic HTML is a plus.
Goals of the Internship
This internship will provide key work experience in internal and external communications, public relations, and social networking at a mid-size nonprofit organization.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.