StoryCorps San Francisco records stories in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. By collecting interviews through community outreach and public appointments, hosting public events and offering additional services, StoryCorps San Francisco brings the StoryCorps experience to as many diverse populations as possible.
The San Francisco StoryBooth Intern is based out of our San Francisco office (located in the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco, CA) and assists the StoryBooth Site Supervisor with the day-to-day operation of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
- Research and reaching out to new outreach opportunities in the SF Bay Area
- Assist in maintaining and developing relationships with current and possible partners
- Prepare and participate in presentations and events to expand our community presence
- Collect feedback from StoryBooth partners
- Assist in planning special events
- Make reminder calls to participants to confirm appointments and answer questions as needed
- Assist San Francisco Site Supervisors in processing interview material collected through the StoryBooth and Community Outreach StoryKits
- Participate in one edit shift a week at our local broadcast partner, KALW (located at 500 Mansell Street, San Francisco CA 94134)
- Assist in tracking and reporting information including outreach activities, appointment information and general inquiries
- General administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Pleasant and professional phone persona
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience and/or interest working with diverse populations
- Familiarity with Macs
Goals of the Internship
The StoryCorps San Francisco internship provides experience in public relations, and customer service. The San Francisco StoryBooth Intern will gain an understanding of community outreach and organization, and gain experience in activities involved in the planning, coordination, and execution of a large-scale oral history project.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.