The StoryCorps Recording & Archive Department maintains the in-house archive of materials, coordinates transfers of materials to the Library of Congress, and manages the upkeep of recording venues and equipment. The Recording & Archive team is looking for interns to assist with the management of its archive, database, and audio recording equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Prepare interview materials for transfer to the Library of Congress
- Assist volunteers during archive processing sessions
- Assist in establishing StoryCorps archive partnerships with organizations around the country
- Conduct follow-up correspondence with participants
- Perform quality control on interview materials
- Assist in solving facilities and recording issues
- Perform regular equipment inspections
- Research and implement repairs and upgrades to equipment and facilities
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Additional organizational projects surrounding the archive.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational ability
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers and basic level of proficiency in working with new technical equipment is required; Mac OSX experience is preferred
- Experience working with audio recording equipment and familiarity with basic digital photography equipment is helpful
- Experience in libraries or archives or with oral history projects is a plus; students pursuing studies in Museum Studies or Library & Information Science are highly encouraged to apply.
Goals of the Internship
This internship provides an opportunity to gain experience with the archive and recording operations of a large-scale oral history project.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.