StoryCorps launched two MobileBooths from the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. in May 2005. Since then, we have stopped in over 100 cities and towns across the country, visiting communities large and small, stopping in a maximum-security prison, an Army Base, and Native American reservations. We partner with local public radio stations in each location, and it is our goal to bring the MobileBooths to communities far and wide to capture the widest variety of the American experience. For more information on the MobileBooth Tour please visit the MobileBooth page. The MobileBooth Interns are an integral part of the MobileBooth Department.
**The MobileBooth Interns work out of our Fort Greene, Brooklyn headquarters.**
Duties and Responsibilities
Projects will include, but will not be limited to:
- Correspond with StoryCorps participants on the Mobile Tour
- Support departmental outreach goals to bring in a diverse pool of participants to the MobileBooths
- Perform background research into the history and culture of locations on the MobileBooth tours
- Data entry and data tracking
- General administrative tasks and problem solving as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Pleasant and professional phone persona
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to function proactively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Experience and/or interest working with diverse populations
- Interest in local histories and cultures/communities throughout the United States
- Spanish language proficiency (preferred but not required)
Goals of the Internship
The MobileBooth internship provides experience in outreach, public relations, and customer service. The MobileBooth Interns will gain knowledge of the planning, coordination, and execution of a large-scale oral history project, and will become familiar with the operations of a mid-size nonprofit organization.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.