The Marketing & Communications Department works to create the public face of StoryCorps by educating the public about the organization’s mission, initiatives, and tiers of service. Our goal is to communicate that StoryCorps is an independent nonprofit organization worthy of general public interest, press attention, and financial support.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or undergraduate looking to get hands on experience working as part of an in-house design team at a mid-size nonprofit. The Marketing & Graphic Design Intern will assist the Senior Coordinator of Marketing to design print and digital marketing materials for all departments in StoryCorps.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist with design of printed and digital marketing materials, including brochures, posters, and web banners.
- Prepare orders and artwork files for print.
- Monitor and update inventories for printed materials. Organize and manage photography archives.
- Edit the StoryCorps website and blog.
- Help write content for the weekly newsletter.
- Provide support in strategic meetings to increase awareness of StoryCorps and create brand recognition.
- Perform marketing research and general administrative tasks as needed.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent design skills with a strong focus on typography and layout.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience/strong interest in writing and editing copy for marketing materials.
- Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as a team are vital.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and familiarity designing for the web is preferred.
Goals of the Internship
This internship will provide key work experience in graphic design, marketing, and communications at a mid-size nonprofit organization.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.