The Administration Department at StoryCorps is responsible for a number of operations-related functions, including office management, vendor relationships, contracts management, various compliance-related activities and organizational policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research projects related to organizational operations such as identifying the most cost-effective vendors.
- Summarize and present research findings and make recommendations.
- Assist in the implementation and management of a VOIP phone system.
- Work closely with the Office Manager in support facility related tasks, vendor management, government registrations.
- Draft resource manuals such as instructions for using office systems.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational ability
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong internet research skills
- The ability to work independently
- Basic proficiency with computers is required; experience with Excel and database software is helpful, as is Mac OSX experience
- Candidates with education, experience, or interest in Nonprofit Management and Public Administration are strongly encouraged to apply
Value of the Internship
At the completion of this internship, the Administration Intern should have extensive knowledge of the operations and administration of a mid-size nonprofit organization.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.